This one-pot vegan curry lentil soup is easy to prepare and perfect for a quick dinner on a chilly evening while on Phase 2 of the Happy Shrinkers program. It’s packed with a mix of economical and wholesome ingredients and is super delicious!
1 SERVING: 1 X VEGAN PROTEIN | 1 X VEGETABLES | 1 X FAT | 2 X STARCH
- 60g Split Red Lentils
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Handfuls Consisting of:
- Onion Sliced
- Tomato Diced
- 1 tsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- 3 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Ground
- ½ tsp Cumin Ground
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds Ground
- 500ml Water Mixed with Concentrated Vegetable Stock
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Pinch Salt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Gluten Free Chickpea, Lentil & Pea Crackerbread
- Add avocado oil to a pan and heat up, add in and fry your onion slices.
- Add the mustard seeds with the curry leaves and stir-fry.
- Now add the tomato and ginger and garlic, Stir cook again.
- Next, reduce the heat so that you can add the spices one by one without anything burning on.
- Add in the turmeric powder, the chili flakes, the black pepper, the cumin powder, and the coriander.
- Stir fry the spices on high heat for a minute, then reduce the heat again.
- Add the lentils to the pan and stir fry for a minute on high heat again. Pour in your stock mix and add the scraped nutmeg and mix again well.
- Let the soup cook covered until the lentils are soft, that should take about 10 minutes.
- Take from heat season with salt to taste and add the lime juice. Mix well.
- Pour soup into a serving bowl or add to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with crackerbreads and enjoy.
This recipe contains your daily starch snack allowance (Gluten Free Chickpea, Lentil & Pea Crackerbread).